Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Diwali and Creativity with Rangoli

Wishing all who pass this way, " A Happy Diwali and Prosperous New Year."

Diwali brings in bright hopes and joy for a new year full of peace and happiness. More, Diwali brings in creativity and as I talked of creativity in my earlier note, I guess we don't need to define creativity nor do we need to teach creativity. Creativity comes naturally, from within. And here's an example of Chandra Ba, my mom in law, who is 70+ and very active. She presents great art in various forms - one of which is Rangoli, a tradition in every Indian home.

You can find her Rangoli in color and Patchwork paper and Pistachio covers. All from waste to best themes.

I think, as Authors, we can only preach sometimes but when it comes to creativity, it is our own desire to be creative for which, one even needs a sound health, peaceful atmosphere and an active mind to think, act.

- ilaxi patel
Editor, www.kidsfreesouls.com

No comments: